Firearms FAQ - click below to open
Do you need a gun transfer? We can help!
I live in the Wichita Kansas area and wish to make an out of state gun purchase.
This is easy to do. If you found a firearm online and wish to purchase it, we can handle the gun transfer for you.
Chances are, you purchased a firearm on Gunbroker, AuctionArms, or another big online company. All we need is the fax number of where you purchased it and some information from you. We will forward our FFL and call you when your firearm arrives.
We charge a $20 fee (+$10 for each additional firearm beyond the first) for transfer. This includes the mandatory FBI NICS background check.
We do not ship firearms out of state, or sell to customers out of state.
Our inventory is for local customers only. Thank you for your understanding.
The Kansas Personal and Family Protection Act, which permits the carrying of concealed handguns by licensed Kansas citizens, became law on July 1, 2006. The first licenses were issued in January, 2007. Applicants of the concealed carry license must acknowledge that the permit is being obtained for personal protection.
So, what do you have to do to become a lisenced concealed carry holder ?
1. You must complete an 8-hour weapons training and safety course. You must obtain a certificate of completion from your certified instructor.
We recommend Bill and Dee Regina from the Specialist Research & Training Group. They charge $65 for the required class and are available on weekends. Please check website for their upcoming classes, or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Fill out an application form and attach a 2″ x 2″ passport type color photograph.
3. Cough up $150 bucks. $40 goes to the county Sheriff, and the remaining $110 goes to the Kansas Attorney General.
4. You then need to bring all the above (2 money orders, application with photo, and training certificate) to the Sheriff in your county of residence.
5. The county Sheriff will then fingerprint you and forward the entire packet to the Attorney General for processing. Sorry, if they have arrested you in the past and already have your prints, you gotta do it again!
6. By law they have to issue the license approval within 90 days. This does take a minimum of 45 days, however.
We offer collateral loans on most firearms. We must see it in person before making a final offer.
In the state of Kansas, you will pay 10% of your loan amount for every 30 day period that it is on loan – on top of the original amount borrowed.
You are REQUIRED to fill out a NICS background check and pass before we can give your firearm back to you, even if you pay off the loan.
You can sell us your used firearms. It will need to pass inspection and be in operating condition.
After inspection, we will make you an offer based on market value.
Take it or leave it.
We always recommend you sell to another individual if you want more money than we can offer you.
We don’t offer training, but know some reputable sources for safety, concealed carry, self defense and other types of firearms training.
2. Joel Rader. Joel has an outdoor range of his own and offers a range of classes, along with one on one training. He can also accommodate local training at indoor ranges.
Contact Joel by calling:
2. We recommend Bill and Dee Regina from the Specialist Research & Training Group. They charge $65 for the required class and are available on weekends. Please check website for their upcoming classes, or email them at email@example.com.